Job Developer – Los Angeles, CA
- Reporting directly to the Local Project Coordinator, the Job Developer is responsible for monitoring the development of SCSEP participants’ training skills and identifying job opportunities through collaboration with employers and the workforce system. Including, but not limited to:
- Coordinating with the Local Project Coordinator to ensure efficiency and comprehensiveness of program performance measures.
- Implementing materials to assess and verify participants’ skills and work history to match employment needs of host agency.
- Assessing participants through individualized employment plans to identify goals and barriers in order to obtain employment.
- Developing primary employer contacts/job bank.
- Performing other duties as assigned by management.
- At least 3 years of experience in job development and/or case management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services, social work, public services/administration, or related field. (Experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.)
- Bilingual in Spanish/English (speak, read, and write proficiently).
- Past experience working with older individuals, or those from diverse backgrounds, and low-income communities.
- Valid driver license & personal vehicle. Willingness to travel frequently throughout designated area and out of state to attend meetings, conferences and trainings.
Skills and Abilities:
- Well-developed problem solving abilities. Ability to respond in flexible and appropriate ways to problems, sound judgment and high ethical standards.
- Knowledge of labor market information and jobs with high-growth opportunities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer proficiency; database, Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail, and internet.
- Adaptable team player who can work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Ability to respond in flexible and appropriate ways to problems, sound judgment and high ethical standards.
Benefits and Compensation:
ANPPM offers a competitive salary and an exceptional benefits package, including 403(b) plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave.